Tuesday, June 14, 2011

overwhelming stress and anxiety.. often for no good reason!

I frequently freak out when I don't need to. For instance, today... We had a little dance thing at a church way out far South Side this morning, and ten minutes before leaving, I realize my precious black chord is no where to be found. SO I call John, during a minor panic attack, breathing heavily and on the verge of tears (like the show wouldn't go on without MY chord). So of course, as always, he calms me down and reassures me that we can just run to Target to buy another one. Worthless panic attack #1.

On my way home, I get a phone call from the Passport Headquarters that I do not have the right picture for my Passport (I gave them my old passport photo because the man said it was fine)... Minor freak out... Let's just say I went to CVS for the photo, got some tour shopping done, and my cousin hooked me up with overnight shipping all in a matter of 30 minutes. Worthless panic attack #2.

Also on the way home, I freaked out because I left my beloved teal travel cup at the forever far away church. John reassured me that I can find a cup like that anywhere, and he would gladly buy me another one. Worthless panic attack #3.

I wish I didn't do this so often. I shouldn't. I need to be more confident that the God who created the heavens and the earth can take care of my very miniscule problems.

With all that said, I am leaving this post with the confidence that He will help me get all of these things finished:

Classroom management plan
Additions to First Week of School lesson plans
3 Article Hand-outs
Sunday School
Youth Group
Choir Tour Devotions
Choir Tour Week Prayer List
Booklet Games
Bus Games
Packing

Please God help me get through this week. Love you.

0 comments: