Friday, April 23, 2010

God is on Point

It's crazy how God speaks to me at the perfect times. Truthfully, I have been bad at quiet times lately, putting everything else ahead of Him, and pushing those to the side. I just decided to open my daily online devotional this morning, and it was just what I needed to hear.

"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust…"
(Psalm 40:4, NIV)

The lesson was that I need to actively choose to trust the Lord, just like I choose what to wear or what to eat. I also liked this:

And just like the decision to receive salvation, when you choose to trust God, there is a peace that settles on the inside of your heart.

I need this, I'm yearning for this, and I will receive that peace. Praise be to God. From now on, I'm trusting in you and sending all my worries and cares into your hands. I can't do this alone.

1 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

we float in the same boat my love... tis truth.