Friday, December 10, 2010

Tangents

I am in the library waiting to go do some writing consultations in the writing center (last time of the semester... praise). Basically, I just help people with their writing... develop ideas, figure out claims, tell them what doesn't make sense to the reader, and so on (it is not a grammar correction facility). It was a requirement for a class. I don't hate it, but with everything else I have going on, I could care less about it. So, therefore, I am happy to be reaching the end of my writing center career (although I will be doing far more "consultations" in the future...)

It's really great when your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Pastor Hershman told me today how great of a job I'm doing... Since I'm up with the youth, I never really think anyone sees my work, but apparently people have noticed? He said he's heard that from a lot of people. It made me smile. Also, Bob Laughlin mentioned my hard work in leadership... I love working in an environment of encouragement!

Ok, off to my appointments (bah humbug... I may fall asleep)

0 comments: