Thursday, February 11, 2010

An Amazing Retreat

I'm so sorry I have been neglecting you blog, please forgive me.

This past weekend was 1822 retreat. The weather was crazy, and I wasn't too pumped about going. I don't know why, but I just wasn't psyched about it. I ended up going, and I'm so so happy I did.

Not only was it a blast, but it was a great spiritually filled weekend. Its been a really long time since I have gone on a trip specifically geared towards myself.. no responsibilities, no worrying about other people, etc. I know that sounds selfish, but it was much needed. I was forced to reevaluate myself and my relationship with Christ, and it was much needed.

The first night of worship was the first time in I don't know how long that I actually sang at the top of my lungs. I usually try not to sing too loud because I don't want others to hear me or whatever, but this time I didn't care. I was gonna sing to God however loud I wanted, and I didn't care what other people thought. It was incredible. It's amazing to be in a place full of college-aged believers completely letting go and giving everything to God- truly inspiring.

Then, Saturday morning we had workshops. I went to John Waglers "Sex and Dating" workshop. That too was amazing. I have longed for a scripturally saturated talk for quite some time. He stated his opinions and thoughts on dating, approaching relationships, and other things strictly on the basis of scripture. Any tough question he would receive, he would answer with a perfectly legitimate, scripturally based answer. I forgot how much I missed that guy.

Everything else was awesome too. I went in thinking it would be an awkward weekend of forced mingling, but we all got along together great! We played games with each other and worshipped side-by-side, no awkwardness included. I met some amazing people, and look forward to next year's!

So there's my shpeel on retreat! It was awesome!

4 comments:

annemarie. said...

nik! are you coming on seek retreat??? please say yes.

and um. i was just reading your about me....i'm not great with words either except worship songs for some reason. :). love you everyday.

Nikki said...

yes I'm going! Of course! Can't wait to see your face all weekend. And yes, that doesn't surprise me.. because we're the same person...

Rebekah said...

Naps of glory. Part two.

spena said...

lol...rebekah!