Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Plan


It's amazing that a year ago I was praying hard and trying to discern whether or not I should be transferring to VCU and returning to Richmond. I'm a terrible decision maker, but something in me was telling me to make the big step. I knew this feeling was out of the ordinary, so I had a feeling God was tugging on my heart. Of course he was, and I decided to take the journey down His path, and I have never been happier.

The plan didn't stop there. Surprisingly, I am continuing to see (on a DAILY basis) the reasons why the Lord not only pointed me in this direction, but also sent me to CNU for two years. While away, I learned SO much about Him and myself that I needed to figure out. Being involved in Young Life taught me a lot about myself and also fed me spiritually as I had never been fed before.

Lately, I have really been seeing the Lord's plan for me unfold, and it's super exciting/overwhelming. I'm so thankful that He's directing every single one of my steps. Living under the hand of God is a pretty incredible thing :)

I've been reading in Proverbs about wisdom, and here's what happened to pop out at me:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

While it may seem difficult to trust in the Lord and live according to His will, if you do so, he will reveal crazy things to you and put you on the perfect path.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for making my day a little better with this post, Nikki. : )

Nikki said...

Aw soo glad I could!

Febes Melo said...

Love it.

Something About Nothing. said...

Nikki, I love that verse, read it this week as well, God's been showing me things in proverbs.. among many other things, great to see you trusting in God!!
Love you!