Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thoughts

First of all: Why am I still awake?? I came home "early" because I was soo sleepy at Brusters, and I have wasted almost an hour Facebook and Blog stalking.

Second of all: I really get happy when I hear good news in people's lives. I love hearing that things are working out for people, relationships are healthy, they are on track with God. It just really warms my heart.

On the other hand, I also like being there for people when they are going through rough patches. My only problem is that when I find out about what someone is going through, I feel like it is my duty to fix it or give them astounding advice.

I'm not sure this feeling will ever get better because I'm sure everyone feels that way, but I have noticed that sometimes it good for people to just have someone there to listen and to truly, honestly care about what they are going through.

I know when I'm having a hard time, mostly, I just want someone to carry my burden with me; I must remember this.

God doesn't call us to be responsible for everyone's problems; he simply tells us to carry one another's burdens, to rejoice with our friends, and also to weep with our friends.

If I can give advice, GREAT. If I just don't have the right words to say, that's ok too.

1 comments:

Missy Brown. said...

i love you, let's hangout soon.