Monday, July 5, 2010

Guilt for Nothing

I often feel really bad when I intentionally planned to go home after working/babyistting/etc. and while working/babysitting/etc. someone asks me to hang out later and I reply with a big fat "No."
I'm pretty much always up for hanging, but it seems like whenever someone asks me to hangout on the fly, its always the time that I was originally planning to just go home and get some rest before my next activity. You see, in this situation I don't actually have a legitimate excuse other than the lame, I was just planning on going home after I finish up here...

I keep telling myself I shouldn't feel bad. I mean, I need my alone time, right? I guess I just worry that people might think that all I ever do is work, have "alone time" or hang out with John. Well, if you are reading this and you happen to have that misconception, it's not true, I promise!

Help!

3 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

nik! people should just understand that you are busy and need your time to rest. if they don't understand that, tell them to talk to me ;)

Stephanie Marie said...

well, i for one don't blame you in the slightest. tell that nagging guilt to take a hike! you work an awful lot, and anyone who knows you knows that. obviously you're going to want some down time; i'm sure they understand that. and if they don't... let's just say i'll second heather's threat. i love you!

Meaghann said...

Oh girl please I totally understand that! I think you are right and do need some alone time, no one should think that you only work have alone time and hang out with John you are a busy girl :)