Thursday, July 22, 2010

Perfection, perfection, perfection...

So, last night I lead Youth Group, which I was really excited about. A few things went awry and were kinda fails, but I didn't mind about those. We did a hilarious skit that I think went over well, so I was pumped about that... then came my talk...

I was really excited about it because I felt like I had some good points and that God really placed them on my heart.

Then, after the service I asked John what he thought. He said it all went well except for when I was talking about the "God's provision" part. I didn't quite verbalize what I really thought correctly. When I was talking about seeking God, and he will give you all that you NEED, I didn't really emphasize the NEED part, so to a middle schooler that may sound like, ok draw close to God and he will give me a PS2.

Anyways, although this sounds like a minute detail, I take teaching scripture VERY seriously (I mean the stakes are life or death! eternity with God!) So of course I kinda freaked out and was very upset. I kept replaying what I had said in my head over and over, and even woke up thinking about what I SHOULD'VE said.

After thinking about this travesty, I realized that the Devil REALLY uses my insecurities about perfection to get the best of me. Obviously, he wasn't too happy about me bringing Truth to those kids, so he used the tiniest little thing to bring me down. I'm deciding to not let Satan conquer me and to just learn from this experience and hopefully be more careful next time.

1 comments:

Kaitlyn Dalton said...

I thought your sermon was great! Don't sweat it! I really like how you used both the Psalms and the Fruit of the Spirit into one sermon. I honestly didn't even notice anything wrong with it!!!!