Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kindness


So, I'm still doing my series on the Fruits of the Spirit for ECHO, and this week is Kindness.

Originally, I was thinking oh great, kindness, what a crazy inspirational topic... NOT

But as I was researching and going through Scripture, I realized that the Bible mentions God's kindness towards us when he sent his one and only son to die on the cross for our sins. Kindness seems like such a sweet, almost insignificant adjective, but as I kept reading, I realized that kindness actually means something more.

When I think of Jesus' ultimate sacrifice, I think of LOVE, forgiveness, grace, mercy.... not usually kindness-- it has always struck me as a word like "nice."

Truthfully, God conveyed his kindness through this sacrifice and by changing the world from broken and scarred into clean and redeemed. ...pretty amazing

Tonight I will be talking about God's kindness to us, kindness turns us away from sins, changing in order to portray God's kindness, and emulating God's kindness unto others.

Pray!

2 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

i wish i could hear you speak! i'm so jealous of these middle schoolers right now.

Heather Tobey said...

hmmm, i never really thought of kindness as anything other than 'nice.' that is intriguing. i am jealous too!