Sunday, February 20, 2011

gossip

It's kinda sad when you hear things that people have "heard" about your ministry. We are supposed to be the body of Christ, working together for His glory, not stirring around gossip. Just talking about how bad things are isn't going to do anything. If something really is up, come tell me, and let's fix it (enlighten me... perhaps I'm missing something). It's sad hearing what everyone else is saying yet no one has actually approached me about it. I'm trying ya'll. Give me a break. I'm a noob.

"A gossip betrays a confidence;

so avoid a man who talks too much." Proverbs 20:19.


Avoiding gossip is really hard. Not gonna lie, this is an area where I truly struggle, often. Stopping bad behavior involves stopping what ignites that bad behavior. Maybe we should watch who we hang around. There are certainly people I gossip with more than others. The majority of those people are my great friends or people I'm close to. How do I stop hanging around them? Maybe its just a matter of avoiding possible gossipy conversation or getting out of those conversations. Or just changing the subject...


7 A fool’s mouth is his undoing,

and his lips are a snare to his soul.

8 The words of a gossip are like choice morsels;

they go down to a man’s inmost parts.


You don't really realize the nastiness of gossip until it is played on you. It really is so much better to be up front with people. It really does go down into your inmost parts- your heart. It pains me to think that I am failing in some aspects. It pains me to think that I may be turning future kids off from ministry.


Ok, random rant. Bye.

1 comments:

you know you love me most :)) said...

personally, i think you're an amazing noob.. just sayin. i heart yas!