Saturday, September 25, 2010

Change

In my writing and process class we're learning about the "Grammar B" style. Basically, going against everything you learned about grammar and mechanics and writing freely. We had to do an exercise: Write 500 words about change using Grammar B and then present it to the class. Pretty broad right? Here's what I wrote. Read if you please.

Change. Photosynthesis, growth, nutrients, clean house, vacuuming, laundry, adolescence, old-age, inspections, tune-ups, check-ups, mark-ups, showers, hair-dye, tanning, seasons, summer, fall, winter, spring, new places, college, clubs, church, relationships, fellowship, communities, spiritual maturity, renewal, renewal in Christ. Everything must be renewed. Everything changes. When I think of change, I think of my relationship with Christ. I once was lost, and now I’m found. I once wandered as a lost child, and then directed on the right path- the path of righteousness. I changed. But how? My thoughts were no longer of this world, but of Christ. Directed towards eternity. Even in my faith, I was like a child. Questioning everything, still unsure. That has not quite changed. Wait, that shouldn’t change. What did, was my intimate relationship with my savior. What started as a simple thought morphed into a way of life. One time, just a name: Christian. I’m a Christian. I go to Christian-like events. I act one way at church and another at home or school. Change. High school. Act more like a Christian (right?). Be different. Why? Because it’s the right thing to do. It’s what we’re preached. Just hang out with Christian friends. You’ll act more like ‘em. Go to church, go on retreat, go to small groups, go to Sunday school, go to choir practice, sing in the worship band. Do, do, do, do, do. Do good things. Right things, positive things, influential things. This will make you a better person. Change. College. Make it your own. Christ is my center. I do good because I love Christ. I love Christ because he died for me. (While I am still a sinner, Christ died for me). My relationship is renewed. Change. No longer do because others are, because others tell me to, because it feels good. NO. Do because Christ lives in me and I desire to be more like him. I am renewed in Christ. Change. Leadership. Thoughts not only forced onto self, but onto others. Love for others. Why? Who cares about others if its your own salvation you really care about. You’re not going to hell, so who cares about others? NO. Love others because God loves others. Because he has implanted the fruit of the spirit- love in you. Because he calls us to make disciples of all nations. All nations. Strive to change others. Bring about change in others. Change others. Spark in them a desire for renewal. Non-believers, believers, children, youth, adults. Everything changes. Plants, animals, houses, cars, people, machinery, toys, possessions. All change. We need renewal. The Holy Spirit provides spiritual renewal. Renew in Christ. Change. Continue to change. Never be content in faith. Challenge, question, seek, and find. Spend more time in the word, more time with God, more time in conversation, more time in prayer. Learn to love God more and more, abide by his commands, love others. Change from the inside, out. Be renewed, replenished, nourished, nurtured, fed, transformed by the renewing of your mind. Put on a new nature. The old is gone, the new has come. This is what we were made for.


Ironic we're to write about change when I've been thinking about change for the past at least month. I will be reading this allowed to the class. Pray for no product anxiety!