Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Awk

So.. I think I have come to the conclusion that I am awkward around high schoolers.

I think I just try way to hard to be cool and relevant that I end up not being myself, and I think I would be a lot less socially awkward if I was just myself (...even though myself is quite awkward, but in a funny way? hard to explain, so I won't try)

This is why I love middle schoolers. I don't have to try; at least, I don't feel like I have to. It doesn't matter if I really am cool, they will still think I'm cool just because I'm older (right?). Even if they do think I'm a total dweeb, they will still love me and laugh at my terrible jokes, impersonations, immaturity.

Funny I should feel so inspired to post this. I was just talking to one of my friends about how awesome middle schoolers are. They are moldable, they understand what you're talking about, but aren't old enough yet to have a solid opinion on it, they are free-spirited (one of my youth was showing me pics on her phone-- totally irrelevant to anything, but she loved it... and so did I), and they just want to have fun (I love the fact that they will dance during worship and act like fools.. mainly because I quite enjoy doing the same).

There's my rant. Hope you loved it.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

any highschool who doesnt love you is a dweeb. just saying.

Stephanie Marie said...

i agree with kelly :) i'm not technically a high schooler anymore, but i loved you when i was! and i still do! duh :)

E.B. said...

nikki, you're hilarious and super unique and i enjoy your presence very much :) if you just be your quirky self, highschoolers will love you without a question.

Nikki said...

i love you girls hahaha

Jessica Vanfossen said...

oh girl. I lead a HIGH SCHOOL girls small group at church and I could not agree more. hahahaha I have learned to embrace my awkwardness and then they embrace it too hahahah.